Tuesday 8 January 2013

Draw Near.

A while ago I had a conversation with a wise man.
I said, "I don't think I have ever been this close to God."
His response, "That's because you need Him."
"Then I don't ever want to not need Him!!"

That was about 18 months ago. When I was struggling through emotions and pain of from having separated from my husband. I was in a place where I desperately needed my Heavenly Father to wrap His arms around me and whisper His love and affirmation to me! I may have been alone, but I was learning that I didn't have to be lonely when He was there for me whenever I called out for Him.

Now that I have grown and developed beyond the pain. Now that I have a life full of great relationships with friends and family, I was wondering, if I needed God less. Is His presence as close as it used to be?

Yes.
It is.

But my need for Him has changed.

I need His constant presence in my life. I feel vulnerable without Him.

I long for the quiet moments of sitting down beside Him and conversing as long time friends. I desire His loving correction and gentle rebuke, they make life better, even though it may hurt for a while.

I want Him to show me and be with me every step that I take though out the day. I want to see where He is at work so I will effectively love and help others.

So my need for Him changed, but He never changes. He is always near those who draw near to Him.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."
James 4:8a NLT

"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely."
Galatians 5:22-23 MSG

Receive and experience the amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, deep, deep within yourselves.
Philippians 4:23 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? I would love to hear it!