Monday 28 January 2013

Not Where I Want To Be.

How often I whine because it seems that God is taking fooooreveeeerr to get my life to the place I think it should be.

He can see farther ahead and knows exactly what I need. His plans are beyond what I could ask or think yet I whine to Him because He is taking to long.

There is a reason for this detour, or long cut, as I like to say. Maybe I'm not quite ready, or someone else isn't ready, or maybe the thing I want so badly isn't what I need or all that I think it will be.

Maybe I need to sit back and remember who is God.

And that definitely isn't me!

"When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them along the main road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest route to the Promised Land. God said, 'If the people are faced with a battle, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.'”
-Exodus 13:17 NLT

"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work. God's Decree. For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them."
-Isaiah 55:8-11 MSG

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us."
-Ephesians 3:20 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? I would love to hear it!