Saturday 23 February 2013

All These Things.

The past few weeks have been a bit tumultuous. Not a big fan of change, even positive change.

I recently started a new position at work. I have been praying that God would provide for me, that He would lead me and guide me in the way I should go, and He would give me the change and challenge I need.

But I doubt Him. Is this where you really want me to be? Should I be looking else where? Is this Your best for me?

God says that if I seek Him and put Him first in my life that He will provide all that I need. So now the questions turn back to me and my heart condition: Am I putting Him first and seeking Him, not what He can do for me? Does this look like what I would like to do? Do I have peace about it?

YES!

When I look at how the whole position came about, I know it was God. I have been trying to get a job elsewhere that pays more, but have been unsuccessful. I really LOVE where I work and I enjoy the walk or bike ride to work. I love the change and challenge that comes with the new position and am excited to grow and develop my skills.

God is so good to me. He has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and am astounded how He takes time to love me in ways that only He can.

"But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides."  
Matthew 6:33 AMP

"Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received!" 
2 Peter 1:3 MSG


"Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that."
1 Corinthians 1:7-9 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? I would love to hear it!