Monday 18 February 2013

Lone Li Ness

Sometimes I wonder, "Would anybody miss me if I wasn't here?" Loneliness can be an overwhelming feeling. It can strike me in many places; a crowded room, alone in my car, or even surrounded by my friends and family. It bothers me a lot when it happens. I know I'm not alone. God has promised to never leave me or forsake me.

But I get this ache to be known by someone. To have someone to share the adventures of the day with, and to wipe away the tears and laugh with.

When these moments come I have realized a few things. There is One who COMPLETELY understands, and He has provided me with friends who care about me. Also that I CANNOT give in to the enemy and give up in life.

When I run to Him, He reminds me that I have a unique purpose and that He has called me to do great things for Him. I will be unable to do them if I am stuck in a hole of loneliness, unforgiveness, comparison and selfishness.

So when my old acquaintance Lone Li Ness comes knocking on my heart's door...I don't invite it in for tea. I lock the door and remind myself of Whose I am.

"Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that."
1 Corinthians 1:7-9 MSG

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up His permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 6:19-20 MSG


"God will never walk away from His people, never desert His precious people. Rest assured that justice is on its way and every good heart put right... If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," Your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up."
Psalm 94:14-15,17-19


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? I would love to hear it!