Saturday 11 May 2013

Dandelions


Photo Credit: ByzantineFlowers
I was digging up the area where I am going to plant my veggie garden in the backyard. As I was digging I noticed the dandelion roots were really deep, I mean I was going 8-10 inches down into the great and wonderful clay we have around here and the roots just kept going!!!

My next thought. "No wonder they are still green in the middle of August when all the grass is brown and withered!" Their roots run deep.

Do the roots of my life run deep in God's love for me?
Do I continue to grow and flourish when He seems far away?
When trouble and pressure comes do I doubt the One who holds me in the palm of His hand?

I have my moments. My confidence in my Heavenly Father is great and the longer I walk with Him, the more I trust Him!


"Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong."
Ephesian 3:17 NLT

"My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live Him. You're deeply rooted in Him. You're well constructed upon Him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving."
Colossians 2:6-7 MSG

"But blessed is the man who trusts Me, God, the woman who sticks with God. They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers— Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season."
Jeremiah 17:7-8 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? I would love to hear it!